From midnight to about 2 am this morning, some raucous neighbours decided to show their appreciation for a comedy TV show/movie that they were watching by laughing so loudly with their windows open that I'm sure that they could be heard two or three blocks away. A complaint has been lodged with the management, but I'm not very optimistic that it will instill any manners into the comedy aficiandoes because they've done this before and nobody else in the building seems to want to be able to sleep on Sunday nights.
I've handed over (almost all) the documents required for the H1 visa application, and confirmed a sneaking suspicion that I had: I can't leave the U.S. while my application is being processed, or else the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will discard it. And since it can take five to six months to review an H1 application, I won't be able to go to Canada for Christmas. On the bright side, I can apply for a green card while on an H1 visa, and should I get fired before the visa expires, the boss will have to pay for my moving expenses back home. Sweet!
And for some bonafide good news - my brother-in-law Mark has done stupendously well in the Ironman UK and placed fourth in his age group. I know that I'll never be able to run a marathon in 3.5 hours even with years of training, let alone after swimming for an hour and biking for five hours! And this Saturday, I will be going white water rafting for the first time on the White Salmon River in Washington state. This run ends with the option to go down Husum Falls, which at 12 ft is apparently the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the U.S. I haven't conclusively decided whether to take the plunge or not, but I'm leaning towards "not" because I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to heights... and getting smashed into little pieces against rocks.
I've handed over (almost all) the documents required for the H1 visa application, and confirmed a sneaking suspicion that I had: I can't leave the U.S. while my application is being processed, or else the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will discard it. And since it can take five to six months to review an H1 application, I won't be able to go to Canada for Christmas. On the bright side, I can apply for a green card while on an H1 visa, and should I get fired before the visa expires, the boss will have to pay for my moving expenses back home. Sweet!
And for some bonafide good news - my brother-in-law Mark has done stupendously well in the Ironman UK and placed fourth in his age group. I know that I'll never be able to run a marathon in 3.5 hours even with years of training, let alone after swimming for an hour and biking for five hours! And this Saturday, I will be going white water rafting for the first time on the White Salmon River in Washington state. This run ends with the option to go down Husum Falls, which at 12 ft is apparently the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the U.S. I haven't conclusively decided whether to take the plunge or not, but I'm leaning towards "not" because I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to heights... and getting smashed into little pieces against rocks.
2 comments:
damn - i've been wanting to go whitewater rafting for ages.
uhm... i think the red helmets are for people with mental/physical disabilities so pick the blue one.
or is it the other way around?
Well, we all got white helmets. Dunno what that means...
Post a Comment