This Thanksgiving, I am partaking in a very fine American tradition: deep fried turkey. Since Joe went through all the trouble of buying a turkey deep fryer and a shitload of peanut oil, we will also be deep frying haggis balls (there is some debate about whether to make the haggis balls marble-sized or plum-sized), Mars bars (though I'm not sure where we're going to get these; we may have to substitute Snickers bars) and Twinkies (we haven't decided whether these need to be battered or not).
Then we're going to have another deep frying party on Saturday at Joe's place (assuming that we've recovered sufficiently from Thursday and have managed to save and filter most of the oil). Up on the menu: chicken, fish & chips and sweet & sour pork. Possibly tempura-coated veggies as well, though someone else would have to chop the veggies since I hate doing it.
Hopefully we won't burn anyone's house down.
Then we're going to have another deep frying party on Saturday at Joe's place (assuming that we've recovered sufficiently from Thursday and have managed to save and filter most of the oil). Up on the menu: chicken, fish & chips and sweet & sour pork. Possibly tempura-coated veggies as well, though someone else would have to chop the veggies since I hate doing it.
Hopefully we won't burn anyone's house down.
5 comments:
Deep fried Snikers are the greatest things ever I had them at the county fair. She dipped them in pancake batter enjoy
Rod was always into deep-fired Mars bars. Yuck! - Sam :)
I thought it was azeotrope.
It would be if azeotrope hadn't already been taken.
We could try to deep fry pizza!
Post a Comment