Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's very difficult to dress up as a flamenco dancer.

Because the dress that I'll be wearing to this Saturday's wedding has a ruffle running its length, I thought that it might work nicely into a flamenco dancer costume. Judging by the images that I pulled up on a Google search (like this one), the necessary accessories appeared to be a fan, choker and maybe a few roses. I went to about four different second-hand shops today, including the big Red Light store on Hawthorne, and nada on the props... so I started considering other options.

Eventually (four hours later) I ended up with a costume for a different type of dancer. Think 1920s.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! I have a lace fan you could borrow. Well, if I can dig it up and it's white. Probably not the color you're in need of.

A flapper would be fun, but I wouldn't that entail pearls too? Just not choker style though. And yah gotta get that headband too.

Anonymous said...

More cat pictures!!!!

wei said...

A flapper would be fun, but wouldn't that entail pearls too? Just not choker style though. And yah gotta get that headband too.

Check on the sequined headband with a feather in it (I purchased one with with the dress). A friend is lending me some pearls (I think that they might even be real) and a wig so that I can have short hair for the evening.

Now I just have to figure out which red lipstick to wear. I'm leaning towards Nars Gipsy because I'm planning to go really heavy on the black eye kohl, but I've been eying Tomango for a while now...

Mark Robinson said...

halloween, huh?

gee, my memories of the 1920s are pretty faint ... even those 50-60 years later are pretty minimal.

any pictures of last week's event?

wei said...

any pictures of last week's event?

Of course. I'm just super behind on my entries - I've been working on one about the kitties at the request of an anonymous commenter, and the Halloween pics will be next (once I get some photos from a friend).

lyNN said...

hey, i agree. more cat pictures!!!