The OHSU aerial tram was opened last week to employees, and despite the fact that the operators probably haven't worked out all the kinks, I couldn't resist taking a round trip and snapping a ton of photos, of course (which totally made me feel like a tourist - not a feeling that you often get at work).
View from the OHSU platform as the tram approaches:
Beginning the descent in the tram:
Views of Portland city centre during the descent:
Approaching the platform on the waterfront:
Passing the other tram on the way back up to OHSU:
Approaching the OHSU platform (you can see my reflection in the glass):
Right now I'm not sure how often I'll use the tram - although it connects to the Portland Streetcar, taking the streetcar from the south waterfront to my apartment is a very long trip and there's nothing to do in the area (it's still being developed and is currently an isolated wasteland) if I have to wait for the streetcar. However, the tram will be useful when the buses that service OHSU are stuck in traffic, which happens any time there's an accident on the freeway and occurs with annoying regularity.
As a side note, my first trip on a tram was actually in Australia this past summer. While the view of Portland from the tram is lovely on a clear day (which I was fortunate to have on my inaugural trip), it's not as pretty as the view of Cairns from the Skyrail:
As a side note, my first trip on a tram was actually in Australia this past summer. While the view of Portland from the tram is lovely on a clear day (which I was fortunate to have on my inaugural trip), it's not as pretty as the view of Cairns from the Skyrail:
(...but rides on the OHSU aerial tram are free for me.)









No comments:
Post a Comment