Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Buried under five inches of snow.

Number of buses servicing Marquam Hill: 0
Number of hours spent at work today: 0
Closest that I got to work today: about 1.62 miles away
Distance walked home because of massive transit delays: about 2.32 miles
Number of stores entered on the walk home: 2 (Powell's and Sur La Table)
Approximate ratio of employees to customers at Powell's: 3 to 1
Number of cross-country skiers encountered: 1
Number of morons wearing shorts outside: 2
Reported external temperature: 21°F or -6°C with the wind chill
Number of cars seen driving with blinking hazard lights: 1
Number of times I nearly fell on my ass: 3
Number of CDs ripped: 11
Length of time the cats got to play with their favourite toy: 10 minutes
Length of time spent at the gym: 1.5 hours
Number of Law & Order episodes watched at the gym: 1.5
Number of Season 2 episodes of 24 watched at home: 4
Number of leftover vegetables used up in a fritatta: 2
Number of garbage bags taken out: 3

All in all, a much more productive day than if I had actually gone to work (which would have been half-wasted by lab meeting)...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had snow today in Scotland today as well. Roads were cleared and although the traffic was slow, I got to work on time. Geo.

lyNN said...

i miss snow.