I belatedly realized that I got tagged by stilaholicnartianknits with the birthday meme. The rules of this meme are to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only, then post three events, two births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday and tag five friends.
On my birthdate of July 4:
In 1054, a supernova near the star ΞΆ Tauri is observed by the Chinese, the Arabs and possibly Amerindians. For several months it remains bright enough to be seen during the day. Its remnants form the Crab Nebula.
In 1865, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is published (the only artistic event in the list).
In 1954, Dr. Sam Sheppard is a suspect in the murder of his wife Marilyn (his ordeal allegedly inspired a TV series and movie, both named The Fugitive).
George Everest, Welsh surveyor and namesake of Mount Everest, and Andy Creegan, a former Barenaked Lady were born on my birthday.
Besides the oh-so-obvious U.S. Independence Day, July 4 also marks the approximate date of Earth's aphelion - whatever that means (physics was never my strong point and I'm not terribly good at spatial relations).
As for tagging people... eh. I'm not even sure that five people total read this blog, let alone five people with blogs!
And the cats are officially 1 year old! No one is sure of the precise date of their birth, but we assume that it's in mid-July. Here they are depositing fur on my couch, ensuring that my ass is covered in a mat of white fur every time I sit down:
On my birthdate of July 4:
In 1054, a supernova near the star ΞΆ Tauri is observed by the Chinese, the Arabs and possibly Amerindians. For several months it remains bright enough to be seen during the day. Its remnants form the Crab Nebula.
In 1865, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is published (the only artistic event in the list).
In 1954, Dr. Sam Sheppard is a suspect in the murder of his wife Marilyn (his ordeal allegedly inspired a TV series and movie, both named The Fugitive).
George Everest, Welsh surveyor and namesake of Mount Everest, and Andy Creegan, a former Barenaked Lady were born on my birthday.
Besides the oh-so-obvious U.S. Independence Day, July 4 also marks the approximate date of Earth's aphelion - whatever that means (physics was never my strong point and I'm not terribly good at spatial relations).
As for tagging people... eh. I'm not even sure that five people total read this blog, let alone five people with blogs!
And the cats are officially 1 year old! No one is sure of the precise date of their birth, but we assume that it's in mid-July. Here they are depositing fur on my couch, ensuring that my ass is covered in a mat of white fur every time I sit down:

No comments:
Post a Comment