Thursday, June 29, 2006

Planes, trains and automobiles.

I actually won't be travelling by train this summer... but I'll be spending plenty of time in planes and automobiles.

Australia, of course, is the Big Trip for the summer, and as far as I know Melbourne, Tasmania, Cairns and Sydney are on the agenda. I need to find something to occupy myself on the plane and car trips, since my normal standby for travelling (books) will be too annoying to lug around for 2.5 weeks - I can read really fast and would therefore need about 10-15 books to keep myself fully occupied for the entire trip. Maybe I'll bring my jewelry making stuff, although I doubt that the tools and wire would be allowed in my carry-on luggage and I'm not keen on handling poky bits of wire and tiny beads while in a car.

Pre-Australia shenanigans include camping at Trask River Park near Tillamook, OR for the Canada Day/Independence Day weekend (otherwise known as the weekend of Dave and Wei's birthdays) and watching the waves roll in at Lisette's beach house at the coast (Arch Cape, OR) two weekends later. After Australia, Joe is planning a one-day white water rafting expedition and Lisette really wants to go to Yellowstone National Park.

So yeah, I won't be in Portland too much this summer, and will probably take longer than my usual lazy, procrastinating self to respond to emails or PMs. But I'm sure that you're overjoyed at the prospect of vastly more exciting blog entries.... and more travel photos than you can shake a stick at (says the girl who hasn't even posted her photos from her March trip to Vancouver. Can anyone say 'delusions of grandeur'?).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you could always learn to knit. ;) They do allow knitting needles on the plane as the 2 pointy sticks apparently aren't considered a major threat.

wei said...

I have thought about taking up knitting in the past, but I still have a minor moth infestation (thanks so much, Steve's parents) so any wool clothing in my closet gets demolished.