Friday, September 15, 2006

He has chosen a name for himself.

He seems to answer to Xander about half the time (which is pretty good for a cat). A can of kitty food to the first person who guesses where Riley and Xander are from - no Googling, because that's cheating, and because it would be a rude introduction to slash fiction if you're unfamiliar with the concept.

I spent most of yesterday morning getting the dead scabby fur and skin off of Xander's face. It was a long, torturous process for both of us.


And they got the dreaded bath last night so that I could lather them up with the antifungal shampoo to get rid of their ringworm. Riley was definitely upset, but Xander was definitely the whinier of the two (which shows that his name fits). Afterward, their fur was so soft and clean and shiny, which they promptly ruined by rolling around and playing in the litterbox once I had dried them off and let them out of the bathroom.

Another gratuitous kitten shot, just because they are so damn cute. I think that their deworming medication is kicking in, because they are eating more and sleeping less than when they first arrived and seem to have way more energy (which they mostly expend by fighting each other).

6 comments:

lyNN said...

xander is definitely from buffy.
riley? thought it was from buffy but not quite sure.

lyNN said...

mark says they are really cute - but once you have them, you have to feed them, wash them, cloth them... much the same as babies.

obviously he's not ready.

wei said...

xander is definitely from buffy.
riley? thought it was from buffy but not quite sure.


Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Riley was Buffy's boyfriend in Season 4 and was a member of the Initiative (which created Adam).

Now, what flavour of kitty food would you like - chicken and oceanfish, turkey and giblets or chicken and liver? I doubt that I would be able to get it past Quarantine, though, so I'll hold onto it until you or Mark visit North America again :)

I agree with Mark that curious active kittens are definitely not low-maintenance (especially when they love to chew on wires and cords)... but they're a lot less work than babies.

Mark Robinson said...

yeah yeah. very cute.

personally, i'd prefer 'chicken and oceanfish'.

Unknown said...

Hee, so he didn't answer to either Angel or Spike?

Cute cats, btw!

wei said...

personally, i'd prefer 'chicken and oceanfish'.

So do the kittens... They actually refused to eat the turkey and giblets food yesterday, but gobbled up the chicken and oceanfish food. Fussy brats!

Hee, so he didn't answer to either Angel or Spike?

Given his behaviour, Angel would be one of those ironic names, and I didn't even try Spike because I watch too much Spike TV for the CSI reruns and therefore have other associations for "Spike" besides the Buffy/Angel one.

They'd be cuter without the ringworm, but I'm working on that.