We had an opportunity to get very close to the blue penguin colony at Low Head in Tasmania. Because penguins are nocturnal creatures, the guide usually covered her light with a yellow filter so as to prevent damage to their eyes, so most of my penguin photos are distinctly jaundiced.
Behold the magic of Photoshop. My Photoshop knowledge is fairly pathetic, but even my meagre skills go far in improving my raw photos.
Good news: thanks to the kittens (staying home to make sure that they don't destroy my apartment and discover new ways to injure themselves), I've managed to edit all the Tasmania photos that needed colour correction (the penguin photos because of the yellow light, and the Cradle Mountain photos because I accidentally put my camera in tungsten light mode. Doh). However, there are still 300 Freycinet photos, 169 Port Arthur and Hobart photos, 231 Cairns photos and 327 Sydney photos to go. Still, none of those should need serious colour correction (which is very time-consuming), so hopefully I can make significant Photoshopping progress over the next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment