Last night I went to Devo's neighbour's house to pick up my kittens. The one who licked me before immediately started licking me again when I picked him up, proving that I do taste good whether I have leftover pizza stuck to my face or not. After the neighbour and her daughters had one final photography session with the kittens, Simon drove me to Petco to pick up some more supplies and then home.
I let out the kittens in the bathroom, and they were a little hesitant to come out from behind the toilet at first, but got over their initial fear really quickly and started exploring the rest of my apartment (except the bedroom, which is off limits for now). They did spend their first sleep session underneath the couch, but the other cat naps were on the couch with me, though they do seem to like sleeping under the couch during the day probably because it's darker down there. They are using the litter box just fine, though they prefer the unhooded litter box that allows them to fling litter in a five mile radius. Naturally.
In comparison to Amber, they are a lot more comfortable around people and far less jumpy, but they are also much more curious, adventurous and more likely to cause trouble for themselves (after a very short while, Amber stopped exploring and was simply content to be near me). On the bright side, they play fight with each other (neither seems to dominate) and sleep together, just as I had hoped. They're already in the process of destroying one of their toys (a "mouse" on a string, which is attached to a stick).
Here is Riley, stalking his brother. He loves to chase the mouse when it's bouncing up and down, has already learned how to get up the cat tree, licks me for no apparent reason and purrs the second I pet him.
I let out the kittens in the bathroom, and they were a little hesitant to come out from behind the toilet at first, but got over their initial fear really quickly and started exploring the rest of my apartment (except the bedroom, which is off limits for now). They did spend their first sleep session underneath the couch, but the other cat naps were on the couch with me, though they do seem to like sleeping under the couch during the day probably because it's darker down there. They are using the litter box just fine, though they prefer the unhooded litter box that allows them to fling litter in a five mile radius. Naturally.
In comparison to Amber, they are a lot more comfortable around people and far less jumpy, but they are also much more curious, adventurous and more likely to cause trouble for themselves (after a very short while, Amber stopped exploring and was simply content to be near me). On the bright side, they play fight with each other (neither seems to dominate) and sleep together, just as I had hoped. They're already in the process of destroying one of their toys (a "mouse" on a string, which is attached to a stick).
Here is Riley, stalking his brother. He loves to chase the mouse when it's bouncing up and down, has already learned how to get up the cat tree, licks me for no apparent reason and purrs the second I pet him.
And here is his still unnamed brother, who is the runt of the litter. He prefers to chase the mouse when it's running on the ground, hisses at balls with bells in them, tries to suckle from me all the time and loves chewing on string. We think that all that black crud on his face is ringworm, which means that I have to get the dead skin off his face, give him baths and apply a topical ointment. Joy!
Since the eye colour of some of their littermates has changed over the past two weeks, Devo thinks that my two kittens are going to stay blue-eyed (which you probably can't tell from the pics). One of the receptionists at the vet thought that the kittens looked like flame points. I have never heard of or seen that particular type of Siamese coloration before, so I guess that my kittens do look Siamese after all.


2 comments:
He should be named Cute-T McWiskers.
He should be named Cute-T McWiskers.
If this is the person who gave Kittener her name, then I'll have to decline the advice.... But aren't they both unbearably adorable?
Post a Comment