Thursday, December 15, 2005

Full moon last night and stupid behaviour.

There was surprisingly little cloud cover in Portland on Thursday night, so I managed to get a decent shot of the full moon. (Ignore the ugly buildings, s'il vous plaƮt.)

In honour of the full moon, I present to you a list of the ten stupidest things that I've done in the past week or so. (Yeah, I know that the full moon is supposed to induce crazy behaviour, but humour me.)

  1. Cut my finger on a dull plastic lid.
  2. Consistently wear all black in a city where the street lighting at night is piss poor.
  3. Watched 6 straight hours of Alias two school nights in a row.
  4. Completely forgot that I was running protein gels while I was at happy hour.
  5. Read a book when I hadn't even started my presentation for lab meeting (which was the next morning).
  6. Decided to take on George's project at work, which is not only going to be difficult (shit, I have to do phosphatase assays) but also make me insanely busy, since I still have my own project to do.
  7. Told someone who kept saying "Ho Sai Gai" to me that he was calling me "dead chicken" to get him to stop.
  8. Walked along Burnside alone late at night (which in Portland constitutes any time after 9 pm) and got one offer to buy me drinks, one lameass attempt at speaking Chinese and one plea for a burrito (hopefully the guy wanted food and not some weird sex act).
  9. Chose a very bad spot at the lab Christmas party.
  10. Watched Napoleon Dynamite while sober.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number 8 sounds like the typical comments any self-respecting Scot would make after getting hammered on a Friday night (just replace burrito with kebab- which also could be a sexual act!)

wei said...

Must not look up kebab (or burrito)on The Urban Dictionary...