Friday, December 30, 2005

We recycle the gift bags and tissue paper.

I think that I reached a new low for disorganization this year when it came to family Christmas presents. I originally intended to give Yin & Rob and Ming & Justin bottles of Snoqualmie Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc and Momokawa Silver Saké, as well as a hot cocoa tin from Moonstruck Chocolate Co. However, the Moonstruck location near me had only one hot cocoa tin left, and I realized after I bought all the alcohol that I was only allowed to bring the equivalent of two bottles of wine to Canada (so in the end, only my parents got wine for Christmas). And a Christmas card to Lynn & Mark (let alone any friends)? Hmm, the cards should arrive by the end of January. Next year, I want to finish my Christmas shopping by the American Thanksgiving. Yeah yeah, stop laughing.

Mom shows off her new sweater (which has bling!).


Mom and Dad received books on Nelson Mandela from Yin and Rob.


Dad layers his new fleece (from Yin & Rob) over the sweatshirt that I bought him from a American Society for Cell Biology meeting (which says: "To thine own cell be true". It's really cheesy, I know).


Justin tells Ming: "You have been recruited for the Argentinian Judo team".
Ming: "Really? I don't know any judo."



Ming models her new Argentina Judo team jacket, while Justin shows off the jacket with baby blue stripes that Ming gave him. (Justin is not fond of baby blue. I would generally agree with him, but since Old Navy carries baby blue v-neck t-shirts and they're cheap, I've given up my moral objections to the colour.)


Some pics for which I cannot come up with witty captions.


The annual Christmas mahjong tournament at the Wong house. Rob is grinning at the camera because he has a good hand (and he actually did win that round gai woo style). He wanted to teach his mom and her boyfriend how to play mahjong so that he could play them for money and clean them out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so why are yin and rob coordinated? what makes the sweater bling-y? witty captions and nice photos. justin should reconsider baby blue as a fashion colour for himself.

thanks for posting christmas pics. lynn&mark

wei said...

so why are yin and rob coordinated?
Yin's jeans are dark blue and not grey-ish black like Rob's.

what makes the sweater bling-y?
The buttons (which are flower-shaped) have little sparkly bits glued to them. You can see the detail on the buttons a bit better if you click on the image to get a larger version.

justin should reconsider baby blue as a fashion colour for himself.
You would have to talk to the man himself. I believe that he is still unthrilled with the baby blue stripes.