I know that most of you didn't see Serenity in the theatres. Maybe you didn't see Firefly when it was on the evil Fox Network or when it came out on DVD, and you thought that you'd be lost when you watched Serenity. Maybe you thought that you lacked the requisite coolness. Maybe you didn't have a cunning Jayne Cobb hat to wear. I'm not sure how you face yourself in the mirror each morning, but there's a way to make amends: you can now buy the Serenity DVD from Amazon.com, Amazon.ca and Amazon.co.uk.
Lest you think that a Western set in space can't possibly hold anything of interest for you, let me emunerate the ways in which Serenity kicks all sorts of ass. Serenity boasts major firefights, martial arts action, a sword, government conspiracies, romance, cannibalistic zombies, intelligent dialogue and most importantly, insanely gorgeous men and women (so you're covered no matter what your sexual orientation). In addition, Serenity and Firefly are totally in right now: Serenity has been the #1 selling DVD for the past two days on Amazon.com (besting both the fullscreen and widescreen editions of March of the Penguins, the 40th Anniversary Edition of The Sound of Music and Star Wars III: The Return of the Sith), and there are an astounding 239 holds on the Firefly DVD set at my public library.
So buy yourself a copy, and while you're at it, get one for your parents. And your friends. And your pet. Even if you're not a fan of Serenity, you have to admit that Joss Whedon crafts infinitely superior stories to most of the crap that gets greenlighted in Hollywood. He deserves every opportunity to make more movies... and dammit, I want to know what the deal is with the Blue Sun Corporation.
Lest you think that a Western set in space can't possibly hold anything of interest for you, let me emunerate the ways in which Serenity kicks all sorts of ass. Serenity boasts major firefights, martial arts action, a sword, government conspiracies, romance, cannibalistic zombies, intelligent dialogue and most importantly, insanely gorgeous men and women (so you're covered no matter what your sexual orientation). In addition, Serenity and Firefly are totally in right now: Serenity has been the #1 selling DVD for the past two days on Amazon.com (besting both the fullscreen and widescreen editions of March of the Penguins, the 40th Anniversary Edition of The Sound of Music and Star Wars III: The Return of the Sith), and there are an astounding 239 holds on the Firefly DVD set at my public library.
So buy yourself a copy, and while you're at it, get one for your parents. And your friends. And your pet. Even if you're not a fan of Serenity, you have to admit that Joss Whedon crafts infinitely superior stories to most of the crap that gets greenlighted in Hollywood. He deserves every opportunity to make more movies... and dammit, I want to know what the deal is with the Blue Sun Corporation.
4 comments:
Even if you're not a fan of Serenity, you have to admit that Joss Whedon crafts infinitely superior stories to most of the crap that gets greenlighted in Hollywood.
I refuse to admit it, and once I get my ass to Hollywood I'll be sure to rent a truck and u-haul his ass over.
I'm confused. Are you going to run him over with a truck? Are you going to kidnap him?
And I thought that Serenity kicked Star Wars III's ass to the curb.
i saw it in theatre! AND MARKY LIKED IT! said he'd see it again! (at a 11:30pm viewing!)
i saw it in theatre! AND MARKY LIKED IT! said he'd see it again! (at a 11:30pm viewing!)
The movie is so shiny there's no not liking it. (Sorry, Ming and I have been watching Firefly episodes, much to Yin's chagrin, and the speech patterns are temporarily embedded in my head.)
And I'd just like to note for my Canadian readers (if I have any) that the Firefly DVD set is on sale at the 333 Yonge Street HMV for a measly $29.99. That's just over nine hours of some of the best gorram television that's ever been aired. I would buy the set for Lynn and Mark if it weren't for that whole DVD region encoding thing. Whoever thought of that should be shot.
Post a Comment